Understanding Placement Test Functionality
You have questions regarding placement tests.
The following information will help provide a basic understanding of placement test functionality.
- The student starts the placement test, and the timer begins.
- Each time the student presses "Next", the timer updates along with the question information.
- Once the student has been active in the test for 25 minutes, the system will automatically exit the student from the exam. The Lexile information will then be submitted to the myON site. (this takes a few minutes). The student is assigned a Lexile level and will be directed to the library.
- If the student closes the browser before the 25 minutes end, the next time the student accesses myON the timer and test will start over.
- The test will end once 4 questions in a row have been answered incorrectly.
- The test will end once all 35 questions have been answered correctly with in the 25 minute time limit.
- Placement exams may be paused and resumed at any later date – there is no time frame that it would expire
If you closed the window without clicking next, the timer does not work. Or if you clicked “Next” then immediately closed the window, the timer may not have had a chance to submit the Lexile results.