How to Assign a Lexile Test
You need to know how to assign a Lexile test to correct an exam that a student took inadvertently or that someone took on the student’s behalf.
- Log in to myON as a Teacher.
- From the teacher dashboard (main screen), click on Classroom, then click on Projects.
- In the upper right-hand part of the screen, click on Create New Project.
- From the “Projects” screen, enter the title of the project in the “Title” field. The other fields are optional. In the “Add Tasks” section, click on the icon that represents the type of task you wish to add. (For this example, a Lexile Exam Task is selected.)
- Enter the title of the task you selected in the “Title” box. The “Task Objective” is optional. Choose from either Placement Exam or Benchmark Exam by clicking in the corresponding radio button next to the exam title (see image below). Click on the red “X” in the upper right hand corner of this pop-up window to exit and return back to the “Projects” window.
- If you click on the Save icon without assigning the project to students, the project will be located in the “Inactive Projects” section of the “My Projects” screen – usually the last project card you will see in that section. The project will be made “active” once it is assigned to at least one student.